The HERO PM Online Workorders tool (included in your RP Management system) lets you easily track workorders from start to completion in your Control Panel, streamlining office procedures and helping to increase workflow efficiency. Tenants submit an online work request through their online portal, you view the work request in your Control Panel, and then generate a workorder for your vendor. Your vendor can view the workorder in their online portal, and send you updates. Your team has an organized view of all in-progress and past workorders, helping to simplify managing property maintenance issues.
Online Workorders: Features & Benefits
- The work request form can be completely customized in your Control Panel.
- Tenants can easily and conveniently generate the work request from their online portal.
- Tenants and the maintenance contact receive confirmation that the work request was received immediately after submitting.
- You can streamline the workorder process by easily generating a workorder from a submitted work request, and assigning it to a vendor, all within your Control Panel.
- The vendor can manage the workorders assigned to them in their online portal.
- They save time – for the tenant, your team, and the vendor.
- You can set a workorder to require your owner’s electronic signature to authorize the work.
- The workorder history is permanently stored with the corresponding tenant, owner and vendor in your Control Panel.
- Your team has an organized view of all in-progress and past workorders, which simplifies managing property maintenance issues.
Online Workorders: Configuration
Complete the following steps to configure Online Workorders:
- Enable Online Work Requests in Configuration > System Options
- Customize your work request in Configuration > RP Preferences > Tenant Work Request Definition
- Add work request preamble and agreement templates in Configuration > RP Preferences > Tenant Work Request Template: Preamble and Tenant Work Request Template: Agreement
- Set profile authorizations to give tenants online access and the ability to submit an online work request; give vendors online access and the ability to view online workorders
Online Workorders: Process
- After configuring Online Workorders in your Control Panel, the tenant can logon to their online portal, click the Repairs tab and submit a work request.
- Upon work request submission, your maintenance contact receives a notification email. (Note: The notification email prompts the maintenance contact to log on to the Control Panel to view the details of the submitted work request.)
- Authorized users can view the work request in your Control Panel under RP Management > Workorders > Work Request Lookup.
- Click Generate Workorder to assign it to the vendor and click Save Workorder. The vendor will also receive an email of the workorder if you check the “Email Workorder to Vendor” box.
- Upon generating the workorder, the vendor can logon to their online portal, and view the workorder assigned to them. They can check in to the location, and provide your team with status updates.
- View the completion due date in your online team calendar (workorder due dates are automatically added). You can also view and manage the workorder, and update it with internal notes if desired.
- When the vendor has notified you of work completion, mark the work request as processed, and the workorder as completed.