QR (quick response) codes are one of the simplest ways to direct people to your business. With a QR code app scanner, any smart phone user can scan the QR image and be directed to relevant information, such as your available listings, a featured listing, any of your company webpages, a tracking webpage, an external webpage, or almost anything else you can imagine. Your business goals will help you determine how to best incorporate QR codes into your marketing strategy. For example, if your goal is to reach new owner clients, then place a QR code on your business card and company marketing material that links to your “owner services” webpage. If you want to drive prospective clients to your available listings, then include listing QR codes on flyers, yard and window signs, and available listing reports. You can direct them to a single featured rental, or to all of your available rentals.
There are many benefits to using QR code marketing. Tech-savvy applicants will appreciate the quick and easy access to full listing details on their smart phone, and they help to pre-screen tenants without any work on your part. For example, if a prospect scans the QR code on their phone and then sees that the property is a 2 bedroom rather than a 3 bedroom, you’ve eliminated a lot of work. Owners will be impressed that you are employing the latest technology to maximize the marketability of their rental home. Scanned QR codes show up as a Mobile View in your listing statistics, so you can track how many times your QR code is scanned for each listing. And they direct traffic to your website, helping to increase your SEO.
Creating a QR Code for a website page:
You can create a QR Code for any website URL including your company site, a specific page on your site, or a specific page on a related site. The code can then be scanned by any phone with a QR code reader, and the viewer will be directed to the associated website or webpage. (QR Codes for listings are generated automatically in the system, see Creating a QR code for a listing for details.)
- In your HERO PM Control Panel, go to Configuration > RP Preferences > List: QR Code.
- Enter a URL to generate QR Code.
- Click the QR Code icon, then copy/paste the QR Code to your literature and marketing materials.
Creating a QR Code for a listing:
With the RP Listings system, each listing has an automatically generated QR code associated with it. (Note: If you are reusing a listing shortcut, consider using a shortcut QR code in place of the listing’s QR code. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like more information on shortcut QR codes.)
- In your Control Panel, navigate to the Listing Master View for any listing.
- Click Mobile Options, then click View QR code.
- The popup window displays the QR code for the listing. Right-click to copy this image, and paste it anywhere that you want to print the QR code – marketing materials/business cards/etc. You can also print an Available Listings Report with all QR codes by selecting the Display scannable QR code checkbox on the report parameters.